James Bay New Horizons 234 Menzies Street, Victoria
Discussion Topic: Climate Change, a Carbon Tax, the Economy, and Humanity
Presenter: Barrie Webster
Moderator: John Pope
We Have 12 Years from September 2018 to Limit Climate Change
A Carbon Tax is Good for the Economy
Carbon Tax Backed by Canadian Chamber of Commerce
But Populist Support for the Status Quo…
Prime Minister Trudeau and Premier Notley are staking their careers on it
– but employment prospects are bleak in the bitumen extraction industry
– but shareholders like automation of ore trucks
Climate Change Performance Indices for Canada are Abysmal
Let’s Bury the Hatchet and get on with it!
Questions for discussion:
1. Why are some jurisdictions avoiding the imposition of a carbon tax? Are these reasons valid? Could there be a more effective strategy?
2. What are we doing individually and collectively to reduce our own carbon footprints? Is it enough? Who is setting the pace?
3. Can we bring things around in the 11 years remaining?
4. What about our grandchildren?
5. What if there is not enough time left to save the planet?
6. [Your question here]
See you there! Bring a friend.
Open to all. Tea and coffee provided. Donations gratefully accepted.